Thursday, December 1, 2016

Famous Last Words: For the Last Time

This is officially my last post for Mythology and Folklore blog. For the first part of this post I want to look back on my the class this semester. I must admit when I first started this class I was intimidated by the amount of work we had to complete each week. But after some serious time-management skills and a awesome planner I was able to organize my schedule and make a habit out of this class. I think that was one of the hardest things I learned, once you understand that this is like a physical class and you need to schedule the work as if you were going to class it makes it much easier to arrange your time.

I think my writing has improve this semester. While I have always considered myself a good writer this class taught me a lot about writing creatively. I found out that I need to practice brevity in my writing and work on getting to the point of the story faster. I really liked that we had a word count to base our stories on! It pushed me as a writer and as a student!

Overall, I really enjoyed this class! I think that while it can be seen as daunting, when you reach the end its such a sweet thing to see what all you have done and the different stories you have created. I am taking the other MLLL class next semester, so I will be using the skills I learned in this class and applying it to that one! I am excited for the new challenge.

As I finish this post I get closer and closer to dead week. I am excited to be done with my classes and papers and to go back to Lubbock for the winter. We are all so close to finishing the year! We can do this!!


Yet another reason why I wish I went to Hogwarts! Source 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Katie, this is great: I didn't realize you were so close to being finished. CONGRATULATIONS!!! And thank you for this adorable Hogwarts meme. Given that I am opposed to final exams anyway, I am sure I can make use of this for my own nefarious purposes, ha ha. So, thank you for all your good work this semester... and I am excited to see what kind of storytelling experiments you will want to try in the Spring. Best wishes for finals and end-of-semester stuff in all your other classes!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete