Monday, November 7, 2016

Reading Notes: Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole Part A

Alice at the tea party. Web Source 
I really enjoyed reading the story of Alice and Wonderland. I loved the movie as a kid and never got around to reading the original story. One thing I always loved about the movie and now about the story is the bravery of Alice. Even though she gets herself into sticky situations she is a strong character full of imagination.

For my story this week I would love to play with the idea of Alice being trapped in her story. I never liked the way the movie of Alice and Wonderland ended. I don't think she should just wake up and be safe. I think Alice as a strong character becomes trapped in Wonderland and seeks to fight off the queen.

For my story I would love to play with a role-reversal technique. If I make Alice the strong heroine that she is it would be interesting to have another character come into the story and need her help. I’m still playing with the idea of how the new character can stumble upon Wonderland. I look forward to part 2 of this reading because that section focuses more on the evil queen figure. While this character wont be a focal point of my story it will still be important to develop them as a bad guy.

I really want to stay true to the idea of how impactful stories are. The original story of Alice and Wonderland began with her talking about stories, “and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice 'without pictures or conversations?'” I thought that this was a fun quote and it inspired me to have conversations and pictures be a major part of my new story.


I want to stay true to the original story of Alice and Wonderland and I am exited to see what story it has inspired me to create.


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

No comments:

Post a Comment