Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Reading Notes: Down the Rabbit Hole Part B


For today's reading I read the second half of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I enjoyed this section more than the first because my favorite character is in it more. My favorite character is the mad hatter because he is such a dynamic character. While writing my first blog post for Part A of the readings I had wanted to include him in the story, but I am worried I won't be able to do his craziness justice.

One of the best things about the Alice in Wonderland stories is how much detail was put into creating the story. For my story I want to focus on the detail and story within a story element. Something that might be interesting is If I had the story book come a life.

For my first character I want to use a little boy. I chose this because Alice is the strong female lead so I felt like the story needed a male lead. When thinking about the story I pictured the little boy from the Polar Express. I like the idea of a kid who thinks they are too grown up to listen to or believe in fairy tales.

I want to incorporate this type of character into my story. It’s a typical Peter Pan type story where the character needs a reason to believe in the impossible. I feel like this type of story is a modern take for adults, because adults don’t have the same fascination of magic as children do.

Hopefully with my story this week I can play with the amount of detail I add to my story. That is one of the things that makes the Alice in Wonderland stories so fascinating is how different of a world Wonderland is. Hopefully I will be able to incorporate all of the details and elements that make the stories great.



Alice daydreaming before she goes to Wonderland. Web Source 









Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

No comments:

Post a Comment