Monday, November 14, 2016

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Hunt)

For this week I read Part A of the Hunt section of the Brothers Grimm. My favorite story out of this collection was the Thumbling. This story reminded me of one of my favorite stories as a child, Thumbelina. This is probably the story it was inspired from.

While this story was interesting I chose these stories as a preparation for the final two stories of my project. I need to give the characters in my project a motive to work together. Since the project surrounds a school I thought there could be no better villain than an evil principal, well in this case the dean.

The reason I choose these stories this week is because snow whites stepmother is one of the best villains. She will be the inspiration for the bad guy in my story. One of the best things about the Thumbling Stories is that a common theme through the story was no one could see the Thumbling. It gave the character a mysterious quality about him. That is one thing I want to happen in my story, I want the readers to not see the bad guy coming! I think that makes the best movies when you cant tell whose bad and who is good.

For this weeks writing, I will write a portion of my story for my project. I want to give a backstory on the bad character in my story.

I will also be using the story Hansel and Grethel to influence my story. I knew doing a project with this many character would have its challenges but I have found that finding a way to connect them is the hardest part. I will be using the completely different stories to inspire me to bring my characters together.
My favorite movie as a kid that resembles the story of Thumbling. Web Source 

Margaret Hunt's Household Tales by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm

No comments:

Post a Comment